Over the years, as social media platforms have developed and competition has increased, the need to post amazing content AND at the right time has become more important than ever (especially since the algorithm monster was introduced).
And while there is no ‘one size fits all’ ticket to social media success, there’s a lot of research out there, which indicates that posting at certain times of the day can seriously increase your chances of your post being seen by the right people.
Before we dive in, we need to make a little disclaimer: To build a sizeable following on any social media platform requires you to create compelling content that your audience actually wants to see. If the content doesn’t resonate with your audience, then it doesn’t really matter when you post. However, once you DO have compelling content, you want to give yourself the best chance of your audience seeing it. So, to give you a head start, we have compiled a list of the BEST posting times for Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram in 2020 based on the latest research conducted by Later and Sprout Social.
- The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 11am and 1pm
- Overall, Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9am – 3pm
- Sunday has the least amount of engagement for Facebook
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7am and after 5pm, have the least amount of engagement
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11am and Friday between 10 – 11am
- Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday, 10am – 3pm
- Sunday receives the least amount of engagement on Instagram
- The least amount of engagement occurs during late night and early morning from 11pm –3am
- The best times to post to LinkedIn are Wednesday between 9 – 10 am and at 12pm
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8am – 2pm
- The least engagement occurs on Sunday and the least popular times to post are every day from 9pm to 3am
And there you have it! A little social media hack that will increase your chances of success. As explored in this blog, timing is important but it’s not all you need to have success on social media. Most algorithms reward engagement with increased exposure and reach. In turn, your users will reward you as well with likes, follows, and shares. So, in order to give yourself the best chance of building a loyal, engaged following you need to do the following 3 things:
- Create compelling content
- Schedule it for the best times
- Engage with your community
By combining these three things, you will be onto a winning formula.
Need a bit of help creating compelling content that resonates? It’s what we do! Message us to see how we can elevate your social media game.