Trying to finish your website?
If so, you’re chasing the wrong goal.
Because your website will never be finished…
Digital marketing has changed. Has your website?
10 years ago, finishing a website was possible, simply because having a website was the standard. Many of your competitors weren’t online, so just being there was a pretty big deal.
But the world (and consumers) have moved on.
Nowadays, having a website is the starting line in terms of digital marketing – and that’s a challenge and an opportunity for most businesses…
The website challenge
The challenge is that we need to stop thinking about websites as projects, and start thinking about them as practice…
- Instead of building a new website every 3 years, improve it every month
- Instead of sending an email newsletter adhoc, have a schedule and stick to it
- Instead of forgetting about your blog, put someone in charge and give them the tools + authority to make it happen
The website opportunity
And the opportunity for you is that most businesses find this too hard:
- Adding a new product/service to a website takes time and energy
- Writing regular blog articles takes commitment
- Sending a monthly e-newsletter is the first thing to stop when things get busy
Your website will never be finished.
If you can’t fit these activities into business-as-usual, you’re not serious about competing in the online space for your chosen industry or niche.
And that’s ok, as long as it’s a conscious decision – and not a misconception about how digital marketing works nowadays.
So is your website a project? Or is it part of your business practice?
Feel free to share your thoughts below…
ps – Rant over! 🙂