What is a Facebook Like Box?
In simple terms, a Facebook ‘Like Box’ profiles your Facebook page on your website.
Why have a Facebook Like Box on your website?
Here are 3 reasons:
- It makes it easy for website your visitors to like you on Facebook
- It provides instant proof that real people actually like your business (helping build trust)
- It shows that you are up to speed with social media (showing you’re up with the times)
Your Facebook Like Box can include the following things:
- Your Facebook page name and profile picture
- A history of your Facebook posts (a stream of what you’ve recently shared on your Facebook page)
- The number of fans your Facebook page has
And here’s the awesome/creepy thing: Your website visitors will see their friends faces in your Facebook like box if any of them like your business.
How to install a Facebook Like Box (your web developer can help with this)
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/
- Copy and paste your Facebook web address into the ‘Facebook Page URL’ field (eg, Air NZ’s is http://www.facebook.com/AirNewZealand)
- Click the ‘get code’ button at the bottom of the page
- Add the code to your website (depending on your website and your expertise, you may need to get your web developer to help with this part)
Leave a comment below