No, I didn’t misspell testicle.
Because today’s article is about listicles.
Even if you don’t know what a listicle is, you will have read hundreds of them online – and the best part is that listicles are a blog-writers dream.
What exactly is a listicle?
A listicle is a blog article that’s presented in the form of a numbered list, for example:
- 10 signs you need a new accountant
- 7 ways to cook pulled pork
- 5 steps to improving team morale
As you can see, listicle’s can be about almost anything – as long as the topic is of value to your particular audience.
3 reasons why listicles rock
Listicles are great because… (warning, this is a mini-listicle)
- They provide your reader with certainty about what they’ll get from your article
- They allow your audience to scan or skim-read your article
- They give an indication of the time/investment required to read your article
If you’re struggling for blog topics (or you have writers block) then listicles are your gateway to blog writing freedom.
What listicles could you write for your blog?
If you need help, check out our blog writing service or contact us