Looking to boost your profile on Facebook?
Option 1: Post a large number of cat videos on Facebook to attract attention (this technique is known as “Catvertising“)
Option 2: If for some reason “Catvertising” fails to do the trick, follow my 6 tips below…
1. Be consistent
- Commit to posting regularly so you’re “top of mind” for your Facebook audience
- 3 times per week is the minimum in my opinion
2. Time it right
- Late morning (11am), mid afternoon (3pm) and mid evening (8pm) are all noted as peak/popular times in terms of Facebook usage
3. Use amazing imagery
- Images are the most shared content type on Facebook, so make sure you accompany any text updates with an amazing, relevant image
4. Keep it short
- The faster it is to read, the more likely your fans will actually read and share it
- As a guide, try to keep your posts to less than 80 characters
5. Be relevant
- Your content should demonstrate that you know who your audience are
- What’s important for them right now?
- What challenges do they face?
- What are they excited by?
- Note: Only post about Cat’s if your audience actually care about them
6. Be authentic
- People ‘like’ you because they like what you do, so your voice on Facebook should be true to yourself – not manufactured or fake.