It’s an easy mistake to make.
Using an email subject line like…
- August update
- Spring newsletter
- Weekly summary
So let’s set the record straight…
It’s called a subject line because it should describe the subject of your email (and the examples above fail to do this)
Actually, if I had my way, it would be re-named a ‘benefit line’ – explaining the benefits of opening your email (but that’s another story)
5 awesome subject lines (from around the globe)
I scoured the web and found these attention-grabbing beauties for your delight.
- We lied last time. This is the best deal ever.
- Meet Tom. He learnt the hard way.
- This actually is rocket science.
- The holidays are just around the corner. Fortunately, so are we.
- Step away from the leftovers. Get fit with us.
Don’t you just want to devour these emails?
Remember: Your subject line needs to encourage your recipient to read your email – so get creative, have fun and be interesting!