Are you thinking of running a Facebook advertisement for your business?
If you’re not familiar with Facebook ad’s, they display on the right hand side of the page when you are using Facebook.
About this particular Facebook advert
The ad (pictured right) promoted a 6-week fitness course designed for ladies who are 40-65 years of age. The course costs $240 for 6 weeks (pricing was displayed once people clicked the ad).
We chose to only display the advert to the following Facebook users:
- 39-64 years of Age
- Living in Tauranga
Results: We gained 2 new customers!
- The advert cost $69.69, and received 221 clicks in 10 days (the advert sent people to this facebook event)
- From the 221 people who clicked the ad, 2 people turned into paying customers (at $240 each)
- Acquisition cost: $34.84 per customer ($69.69/2 people)
- Conversion rate: 0.9% (2 out of 221 people became customers)
- The income resulting from the ad is $480 ($240 per client for the 6 weeks course)
So was the ad worth is?
Tips for creating Facebook adverts
- Target a niche
- Think about the info that Facebook collects, can you use that to hone in on your ideal customer?
- If your ad is for everyone, it’s really for no-one!
- Make the image count
- You can only use 25 characters for the ad’s headline (and 90 for the ad’s copy)
- Try and use an image that screams ‘yes, this advert is for you!’
- Next time I’d add a pic of mt maunganui in the background (to make it even more obvious that it’s local)
Interested in Facebook Advertising? Call me (Dan) on 0800 555 044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org